The University of KwaZulu-Natal is committed to meeting the objectives of Employment Equity to improve representivity within the Institution. Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups in accordance with our Equity Plan.
COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES
SCHOOL OF NURSING & PUBLIC HEALTH
CENTRE FOR RURAL HEALTH
RESEARCH INTERN CRH 10
(ONE YEAR FIXED TERM APPOINTMENT)
HOWARD COLLEGE CAMPUS
The Centre for Rural Health (CRH) seeks to appoint a Research Intern to assist with research design, data management, data analysis and presentation of research findings within the Centre.
- Honours degree in a health or development related field
- Proven research experience in developing data collection tools,
collecting of quantitative and/or qualitative data and data analysis
- Computer skills
- Experience with relevant statistical software including, Nvivo and SPSS
- Experience with data management
- Good writing and communication skills
- A valid driver’s licence
- IsiZulu speaking
- Registered for a masters degree in a health or development related field
- Facilitation experience
- Presentation of research data in peer reviewed journal or conference
- Some experience with financial management of projects
- Preparedness to travel
This post reports to the senior Researcher and PI: Dr C Horwood. The job profile is available from Mrs Bavashni Govender, Tel Number: 031 260 4500 or e-mail: email@example.com.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 10 May 2019
Applicants are required to complete the relevant application form which is available on the Vacancies website at www.ukzn.ac.za. Completed forms must be sent to Mrs B Govender, E-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote “RESEARCH INTERN CRH 10” as a reference in your subject line.